Drupal 7 Tutorial Part 19: Understanding Drupal 7 Content Types & Fields Concepts !
Symfony2 Tutorial Part 2: How to install Symfony2 on Linux Ubuntu Operating System
Welcome to the hands on tutorial of Symfony2. In this tutorial we are going to learn how to install Symfony2 step by steps.
Make sure your operating system supports Symfony2 requirements stated below.
- PHP 5.3.2
- Apache Webserver.
- MySql Database.
- Sqllite 3 needs to be enabled.
- JSON needs to be enabled
- ctype needs to be enabled
- Your PHP.ini needs to have the date.timezone setting
If you have any issue regarding how to install PHP5.3.2 and Apache webserver you can refer this tutorial. http://www.anilsagar.com/content/drupal-7-tutorial-part-2-how-install-drupal-7
- Once you install apache webserver, goto /var/www . This is your webroot.
- Download Symfony2 from http://symfony.com/download and place the tgz folder inside /var/www/
- Extract the contets of the folder.
- Rename the folder to my_symfony_project from Symfony.
- Go to http://localhost/my_symfony_project/web/config.php to verify everything is fine.
- Go to http://localhost/my_symfony_project/web/config.php to access your Symfony project welcome page.
- You will see screen like below once you have successfully installed Symfony2 instance.
Now, Symfony2 instance is up and running in your local machine. Drop comments if you have difficuly in setting up instance.
Stay tuned with this section for many more Symfony2 tutorials.