Drupal 7 Tutorial Part 19: Understanding Drupal 7 Content Types & Fields Concepts !
Drupal 7 Tutorial Part 18: Create Drop Down Menus in Drupal 7 Using Nice Menus module
This tutorial explains how to create drop down menus, hierarchical menus, or parent child menus in Drupal 7 website.
We are going to build multi level, parent child primary menu of below structure using Nice Menus module in Drupal 7. Hope you already install Drupal 7 and ready to roll. If not check my previous tutorials to know how to install new Drupal 7 website.
We are going to create following parent child menus using Nice Menus module in Drupal 7.
- About Us
- Our Services
- Contact Us
- Login as Super Admin so that you can able to install Nice Menus module.
- Once you login ,you will see screen like below.
- Go to http://drupal.org/project/nice_menus and download Drupal 7 version as shown in below screen.
- Extract the zip file , now you see a folder called nice_menus.
- Copy the entire folder to sites/all/modules/contrib folder. Once, you copied you will see the module folder like in below screen inside your drupal codebase.
- Go to your drupal website and click on Modules link in Admin Menu bar as shown in screen 1.
- Or, Go to admin/modules link directly to access list of modules in your website.
- You will see list of modules page as shown in screen like below.
- Enable the module and click on Save Configuration button to install nice menus module.
- Create a new menu Parent , Child menu as explained here. http://www.anilsagar.com/content/drupal-7-tutorial-part-10-advanced-drupal-7-menu-settings-how-create-parent-child-menus-node
- For Example, I edited the Main Menu and added links in hierarchical order as shown in below screen.
- Let's enable the hierarchical menu that we created using nice menus module.
- Go to blocks listing page. Click on Structure >> Blocks link to access blocks listing page from Black Admin Menu on top of the page. You will see screen like below.
- Click on configure link next to nice menu 1. You will see settings form like below.
- Once you save the above block, you can see the hierarchical menu or menu with links dropdown in the header region as shown in below screen.
Hope you got to know how to create drop down menus in Drupal 7 using nice menus module. Please feel free to post comments if you have any Questions.
Stay tuned for more tutorials on Drupal!