Drupal 7 Tutorial Part 19: Understanding Drupal 7 Content Types & Fields Concepts !
Drupal 7 Tutorial Part 15: Drupal 7 Advanced Taxonomy Concepts
As discussed in previous tutorial , i would like to share some advance drupal taxonomy concepts in this tutorial. We are going to see following topics in this tutorial.
- Hierarichal Terms In Drupal 7 Vocabulary
- Taxonomy Fields In Drupal 7
- Relations Concept In Drupal 7 Taxonomy
Hierarichal Terms In Drupal 7 Vocabulary:
- Most of the times flat list of categorization is not quite useful. As shown in previous tutorial we created a vocabulary called Article Type and we added categories like Movie Articles, Regional Articles, Sports Articles etc.
- Sometime we need to further classify the categories. For example we need Football Articles, Baseball Artcles, Cricket Articles under Sports Articles.
- This is possible in Drupal 7. We can have hierarchy of taxonomy terms. Let's see in action how to add hierarichal terms. I assume you followed my previous article and created a vocabulary called Article Type.
- To create hierarichal taxonomy access the vocabulary list page by logging as admin and then click on Structure link >> Then Click on Taxonomy link to access page like below.
- Now Click on list terms link next to Article Type to access list of terms page as shown below.
- Now let's add sub level terms for Sports Articles let's say Football Articles, Cricket Articles, Baseball Articles.
- To do this Click on add term to access page like below.
- Fill the values as shown like in above page and hit save button. Now the term is added but not under Sports Articles and is shown as below if you go to list of terms page.
- Now move your mouse on top of Football Articles Handler. Hold the mouse and drag the term Under Sports Articles and then drag right to make Football articles child of Sport articles. Once you are done page will look something like below. Click on save button to save settings.
- Now, we successfully created a hierarichal term under sports articles. Add more terms like described above and rearrange them in list page as you like to create hierarichal terms.
Hope you learn how to create hierarichal taxonomy terms. Stay tuned with this tutorial to learn more concepts in taxonomy.